Wednesday, May 25, 2011

that's a wrap


Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower.
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

- written 1923 by Robert Frost

This poem came into my life from a dancer I once dated. She fancied these few verses by Frost. And in short order I found myself enjoying the same poem from time to time. Now is one of those times.

There was the first post on this blog and with this, the last. For over a year and a half I have been doing my best to report stories, faces, places, personalities and inspirations on any given day. I have enjoyed the people who informed me every so often that something I wrote made them feel something or see something beautiful. Those uncommon comments fueled my tank along the way.

For a multitude of reasons I will no longer be keeping my notes from the field. The short answer is I feel this blog has run its course. I no longer feel I am reporting moments of inspiration the way I set out to do in the beginning. You can be sure life's smallest moments will still catch my eye and grab my heart but that is where they will stay.

To the handful of dedicated readers I thank you for your interest in my bits of banter. And for those who dropped by every once in a while I hope you managed to take away some enjoyment from this dusty diary of mine.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta go attack life.

6 comments:

Spokane Al said...

Wow - I'll miss your great stuff. Your writings and photos served as a momentary antidote to some of the more mundane and unsettling happenings in the rest of the world.

Take care.

Don said...

This is going to be a loss for me and my world. I could always look forward to your new and refreshing perspectives on life both large and small, and so near and far. Best wishes and good luck on your worldly adventures.

Mason said...

I've truly enjoyed reading about your observations and adventures. Enjoy your next chapter!

Tenshi Rising said...

...and golden it was, my dear friend...

You'll have to call me with a weekly update. ; )

Lisa Myers said...

Sad

The Dude said...

dude. what? memorial day weekend comes and goes and on tuesday i find out this B.S.? duder. seriously, don't make me find some other friend's blog to pretend to read every week. but yours seriously, was fresh icy cold water in a dusty glass.

Search This Blog