Saturday, March 26, 2011

What does Roller derby, kayaking and a falling skier have in common. Nothing, other than making for some awesome video.

I know. I know. I'm leaning on youtube far too often these days for content on my blog. But bear with me, any video i post on this blog is (in my opinion) worth watching. The youtube links are rarely discovered by me, rather they tend to come from fun friends who enlighten me with a wide range of taste, a lot of them have some relation to my new gig, that being videos related to awesome outdoor adventures but then there are those who are just down right funny from left field.

This one makes me laugh only because it looks as though the skier survived a rather long "fall". Since working as the content developer for Mountain Gear I've been handed all sorts of very cool camera equipment, including a GoPro helmet cam, which as the title suggests, straps to your helmet. Such as this joker did, only it is supposed to capture you being a hero not a jackass.



The next video was passed my way by an energetic co-worker who, in a previous life, was a river guide. I couldn't help but get a flash of my misfortune on Latah Creek while watching this very talented kayaker. I think i could learn a thing or two from this dude.



Then. Representing left field. This video happened upon me from California. Roller derby is something I've never really understood, but I mean, dont get me wrong, I'd never think of saying that directly to one of these ladies. i guess it's like the saying goes, to each his/her own.

1 comment:

TT&KT&CT said...

the roller derby video got me to thinkin you got too much time on your hands.

Search This Blog